After a little blog break, I’m back with another bloom + grow post! If you’re new around here, you can read more behind the purpose of this series in my initial bloom + grow post.
After the most frigid week of our lives last month (thank you, polar vortex) we spent a lazy Saturday warming up at the Garfield Park Conservatory. It’s nice to know there’s a place to escape to when we’ve had a little too much cold. We went with some friends and breathed in all the warm air. It was the most refreshing and so good for this girl craving warmer weather.
- Our sofa finally came!! I have been meaning to share this, but we are so obsessed with it. It was definitely worth the wait! Our little home is starting to come together and it makes me so happy.
- Although losing an our of sleep isn’t my favorite, it just means we have longer days ahead!! No more getting dark at 4pm is definitely something to smile about.
- I’ve been seeing these pretty little pearl hair clips everywhere lately and am excited to add a couple to my hair accessory collection.
- Do any of y’all use InstaCart? We recently made the switch and it has been a game. changer. (and so much cheaper than our weekly Whole Foods runs!). Our groceries are delivered to us and we’ve been impressed with the quality of everything so far!
- Discovered my new favorite blend of essential oils to diffuse that makes our apartment smell just like Anthropologie. Shared the recipe in this post over on my oils Instagram.
- Yesterday, Chas and I decided to have “home church” and live stream the service where we used to attend back home. I was sweetly reminded of the best decision I’ve ever made on March 10, 1999. I chose to follow Jesus as a very little girl. I’m grateful for 20 years of the Lord’s unconditional love, grace + protection in my life. Do you know your spiritual birthday? My mom always made them a big deal growing up – celebrating another year closer to eternity with Jesus. So special. I pray you too know how deep the Father’s love is for you.
- This has been the longest. winter. of. my. life. Oh my goodness, I didn’t think it would affect me that much, but weekends of rain and gloomy days have left me feeling a bit homesick and uninspired. Don’t get me wrong, the first few snowfalls were magical, but I am starting to crave some sunshine and warmer weather. Everyone who lives here says the Chicago summers make up for the very long winters. We’ll be back in Dallas at the end of the month and I’m counting down the days!!
- I finally found a rug that I love for our apartment, but when I received it this past week it was the wrong rug. Sad. However, the good news is that it was an error and the rug I wanted is backordered so it will be here eventually!
- Oh, and we have to walk the wrong rug back to the UPS store so that should be interesting…
bloom + grow,