Hi friends! A lot to cover today since I didn’t get a bloom + grow post up last week due to craziness from cancelled flights and getting an extra day to soak up time with family. How are we in the month of December already?! We’ve had a few snows here in the city and it’s truly magical. So here are the last photos you’ll see of a Chicago fall for 10 months…
- Grateful for the time we got to spend home with our families for Thanksgiving!
- While I was home my mom made all of us celery juice in the mornings! We love watching Kathie Lee & Hoda on the today show and they were sharing one of my favorite wellness bloggers, Lauren Scruggs Kennedy, and how she juices it everyday to help with gut health. I’m just wishing we had a juicer so we could do it here too! I shared this pink juicer in my Black Friday post and think it’s pretty cute.
- My biggest bloom happened this Saturday when I got an email that my license has finally been processed and accepted in the state of Illinois! It’s been a long three months and we’ve had to budget a lot differently, but the Lord provided in just the right time (as always). Today will be my first full schedule seeing patients! So grateful.
- Our sermon yesterday at church was so good. We’ve been going through Galatians and yesterday was on the fruit of the spirit and what it looks like to walk in the spirit vs. walking in the flesh. I loved what our pastor said about when we are full of the spirit and abiding in Him, then we don’t hunger for anything else because we find our ultimate satisfaction in Him. As we enter into advent and the anticipation of Christmas and the coming of Jesus I encourage you to remember to rest in the fact that Jesus is enough – no gift from any gift guide, person, trip, or thing will ever satisfy you like He does.
- A little bummed that we’re not going to get to bring home a Christmas tree to the apartment this year, (kind of hard without a car + we won’t be here that long to enjoy it), but I have been adding a few more decorations that I can’t wait to share!
- Chas has his first law school exams coming up so that means more studying and less time together, but I’m so proud of him and can’t believe he is half way done with his first semester! He’s the best.
bloom & grow forever,