So thankful for a weekend with some of my favorite people! My mom and sister came in town early Thursday morning and we had the most lovely brunch. My dad flew in Friday morning and we did more exploring of the Windy City! I’m going into this week with a bucket full of blooms…
- I got to meet Blair Eadie of Atlantic-Pacific at Nordstrom to celebrate the launch of her collection which is actually today!! I got to try on and shop some of the pieces early at the event and everything is so beautiful. She was just as kind and genuine, herself!
- My family came to visit!!! Enough said.
- Found my favorite new spot to brunch: 3 Arts Club Cafe. Right in the middle of Restoration Hardware is a beautiful and elegant oasis with a delicious menu.
- I have had my eye on a few pieces at Interior Define and was thrilled to finally see them in person with my mom and sister!
- Still can’t get over the gorgeous tiled ceiling in Macy’s.
- Finally had Garrett Popcorn (we got the cheese/caramel mix!) down at the Navy Pier!
- Someone told us at church yesterday that this winter is supposed to be a ‘mild’ winter for Chicago. Music to my ears, let me tell ya! I sure hope they are right.
- I’ve been out of my favorite skincare line for a few months (unfortunately it’s not the most affordable, but it’s amazing) and my mom surprised me with The Littles! If you haven’t heard about Drunk Elephant Skincare you can read about why I love it so much in this post.
- Discovered the yummiest BBQ in our neighborhood (+ truffle mac & cheese, yes please!)
- Got to stop by my office where I work (I made everyone take the public transportation so they could get the full experience!) and let them meet my friends!
- We all sat in on one of Chas’ law school classes! I had no clue what was going on the entire hour and a half.
- I was so excited to surprise the fam with reservations to The Signature Room which is 95 floors up in the John Hancock building downtown. We got off the elevator to what would have been a gorgeous view of the city and there were nothing but clouds… womp, womp. However, I kept praying that we would get at least a glimpse of the gorgeous views and lo and behold our food came and the clouds disappeared. Thank you, Jesus!
- It truly was the best weekend and there aren’t many ‘grows’ to share. I mentioned on Instagram last night that I’m 24 and still cry every time I have to say goodbye to my family. It just never gets easier – and apparently it doesn’t for y’all either!- especially when we’re a few states away. We just bought our flights for Thanksgiving and I’m counting down the days!
I hope you all had a lovely week!
bloom & grow forever,