Getting this weeks bloom + grow up a day late! We were in Dallas this past weekend and I finally shared my Seaside guide yesterday so here we are. Hope you enjoy this weeks post – lots of exciting blooms and a pretty heavy grow….
- I GOT A JOB – Although I’m still waiting for my Illinois license to arrive, I was able to nail down a job this past week! There have been so many prayers poured into where I would work here in Chicago and the Lord has been so faithful and generous in providing me with this job. I start today and I’m so excited!
- Chas finished his first week of Law School! He made it through the first few days with no cold calls, but already has a ton of reading and is really enjoying it.
- I feel like this past week the Lord also confirmed that this is where we are supposed to be. We’ve only been here about a month and already have the sweetest group of newlywed friends here in the city.
- We pulled off a special surprise. Chas and I flew home for a conference this past weekend which also happened to fall on the same weekend as my mama’s birthday! We only told my dad we were coming so he picked us up late Thursday evening and Friday morning I walked into my mama’s bathroom while she was getting ready and gave her a big squeezy hug (her favorite)!
- Loving the new Something Navy collection at Nordstrom. The square neckline is one of my favorite trends right now. There are a few sizes available in this top I showed on insta stories. I’m also going to do a blog post rounding up some similar styles soon!
- Find My Friends app was not my friend – Caroline figured out we were in Dallas (via FMF) before we got to surprise her (little stinker) but at least the birthday girl was surprised!
- No matter how long i’m home its always sad to leave.
- Wishing my Leaves candle wasn’t almost gone. It’s the best fall scent and brings back so many cozy memories.
- Had to figure out the public transportation by myself since my interviews were on the same day as Chas’ first day of school… that was fun.
- The conference Chas + I went to this weekend was International Justice Mission’s (IJM) Liberate conference. Over the last 20 years IJM has rescued over 45,000 lives sold into human trafficking. The weekend was heavy as we heard numerous stories of girls being sold into sex trafficking as young as 4. One survivor from the Philippines spoke at the very end sharing what she had faced and what she overcame. There was not a dry eye in the room. The conference was a good motivator for Chas to be reminded of the injustice that happens all around the world and how there are ways to fight for freedom and give the hope of Jesus.
If you missed last week’s bloom + grow you can find it here!
bloom + grow forever,