My Rice Graduate
Balloon Sleeve Ruffle Hem Dress | DIFF Barry Tortoise Frame Pink Mirror Sunglasses ℅ | Marc Fisher Adalyn Espadrille Wedges | L’Oreal Lipstick in “Carmel Latte”
This past weekend my guy graduated! Graduation from Rice University is quite the ordeal – a two day celebration complete with fireworks and the graduates’ grand exit through the “Sallyport” (the arch shown in the photo above) as closure on a fun, rewarding, and rigorous four years. It was a special weekend that I was grateful to be a part of as we end one chapter and start another in just TEN DAYS! In honor of this final countdown I thought it would be fun to share some random facts about me and Chas’ relationship over the past six and a half years…
1. Our engagement will have been exactly 6 months. Chas proposed on November 26, 2017 and we get married May 26, 2017.
2. We were each other’s first kiss.
3. We broke up for a semester during our sophomore year of college. The Lord used this time to grow us individually – looking back we both agree it was the best thing for our relationship.
4. Chas’ love language is quality time and mine is words of affirmation (and gifts, hah)
5. On our 5 year dating anniversary we said “I love you.”
6. Chas refuses to drink after anyone but me. Lol.
7. Colorado holds a special place in our hearts. Both of us worked there at Sky Ranch Family Camp for a summer – one of my favorite summers.
8. Our first date consisted of dinner, a movie (True Grit, not my most favorite), and Chili’s chocolate molten cake (definitely my favorite!).
9. Chas is 1/4th Cuban and our senior year of high school we were able to go on a mission trip to Cuba together.
10. Chas is quite the photographer and gets the credit for majority of the photos taken on the blog!
bloom & grow forever,
Madeline, thank you for sharing all of these sweet memories with us. Chas has a beautiful family, and of course yours is on top of the world beautiful! Love you dearly, Mossy
Madeline and Chas!!–what a treat!! I learned some interesting “facts” about your very special relationship! The two of you have done this RIGHT, “in my nana opinion”!! God is honoring your commitment to Him and His teachings and the life that each of you have lived. Not long now—can’t wait!!!! Love you both and hold you close in prayer daily!! Nana