November, at last. It’s officially my favorite time of the year! From Thanksgiving to Christmas, the next two months are full of fun traditions, family gatherings, and celebration. In the spirit of giving thanks I thought I would reflect on a few things I’m particularly grateful for this year…
1. Family. The older I get the more I realize how much family is a gift. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without my 3 favorite people.
2. There’s something about a pastel painted sky that brings peace and comfort reminding me that God is faithful and He sees the big picture.
3. Some of the most influential people in my life have been my teachers. They see your potential and push you to do your best. Being in a program that is so fast-paced, I’m thankful for instructors who are personal, available, and insightful.
4. Two words: Pink scrubs. That’s about as chic as it gets in hygiene school.
5. Music has always been a sweet source of joy… (I may or may not have already started curating my Christmas playlist.)
6. We weren’t meant to do this alone! I recently joined a new church and got plugged into a community with a pretty special group of girls. With all the daily stresses it’s comforting to have friends who you know will pray for you, keep you accountable, and do life with you!
7. My sweet friends who take a minute out of their day to share in my fashion finds, thank you! I love your kind comments, emails and support – it always brightens my day.
8. Blue Bell Peppermint Ice cream. Enough said.
9. Wanna know a secret? I didn’t get into dental hygiene school the first time I applied. For some reason I waited until my last semester to take the majority of my sciences which put me behind in the application process. However, the Lord’s timing is always, yes always better than mine and He graciously answered my prayers for the opportunity to pursue a career as a dental hygienist this year – something I’ve dreamed about since I was little girl!
10. Most importantly, I’m thankful for March 10, 1999 – the day I gave my life to Jesus!
Such a great post! I hope you have a lovely day.